Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lip liner is sexy!

Let me start off by saying, that you should ALWAYS wear lip liner. It doesn't matter if you wear lipstick, or just lip gloss, lip liner helps to make your lip look more polished and prevents your lip product of choice from running and bleeding everywhere. Nothing is worse than feather lips! Don't be lazy. Put forth the extra two seconds, and apply a lip liner, ladies.

Today, I was asked a very good question. What color of lip liner should I wear?

Oh man... where to begin? I LOVE lip liner. I probably own every color known to mankind. You can honestly mix and match any color that you would like, but when you are just starting out it is good to match the lip liner to the lip product that you are wearing. I think that matching the lip liner to the shade you are wearing is always a safe bet. You can go up to two shades darker than the lip product that you are wearing and still get the same, natural effect.

Lip liner can also help you out in sticky situations. Lets say that you purchase a lipstick that you THINK you like while you are at the store, but when you get home, you realize it it wayyy to brown for you. All you would need to do is choose a lip liner shade in the same color scheme as your lipstick that has a little bit more of a pink tone, and apply it. This will help tone down the brown in the lipstick and give you a more pink tone.

If you know me at all, you know I die for red lipstick. I wear it ALL the time. I used to wear it with red lip liner, but once my lipstick would start to wear off, I would get this gross red ring around my lips where my lip liner was. I was talking to Lauren about this problem, and she simply said "You are wearing the wrong lip liner. You need to wear a natural one that matches your lips, or maybe a shade or two darker." Man. She is brilliant! Once I started wearing a more natural lip liner, I never had that problem again. So, if you are going to wear a red lipstick, go with a more neutral lip liner. We love Creamola and Cream o Spice (Both by MAC) to go with any shade of red.

To apply lip liner, simply follow your natural lip shape. Make sure it is symmetrical and even. Lauren likes her lip liner light and right on the lip line. I, on the other hand love Pam Anderson style. I like it dark, and I always over draw my lips. CAUTION: This takes practice. You don't want to look like a hot mess with a bad case of lip filler, so ask a professional to teach you and practice a few times before wearing it out in public.

So many women get scared of lip products, and I can't help but wonder why? Lips are beautiful and sexy and they should be enhanced. You can wear whatever color of lipstick you would like. I have women ALL of the time say "Oh, I can't wear that color!" and I say "YES YOU CAN!" It is all about learning to be comfortable with wearing color on your lips, finding the right shade of that particular color, and a corresponding lip liner. It may be a little bit scary at first because it is something you are not used to, but give it a try! I challenge all of you to wear a different lip color every day this week, that you typically would not wear. What do you have to lose? It's Autumn, so try rich Burgundies, deep reds, mocha browns, and deep mauves. I expect a report back! (Especially from you, Ms. Shauna.)

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens
www.LVStyleSirens.com
LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. great advice! Would love to share some of your tips with the brides who visit our blog page! Let me know if you would like us to share some of your tips on our page. Linking back to you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog post!!! Red lips are hot! It's so great that you have a blog and I am looking forward to reading more blog posts from you!

    ReplyDelete