Monday, January 11, 2010

Skin Care

I can not even begin to tell you how important skin care is.

I have had so many women come up to me and say "Oh this foundation breaks me out. Oh that foundation breaks me out."

Sorry Ladies, but I am here to call your bluff. I personally do not believe that. If you have an allergy to a certain product, then that is a different story, but a foundation isn't going to cause you to break out. Not cleansing your face properly at night is what causes you to break out.

I am pretty certain that you are probably saying "Oh, but Ally, I wash my face with soap and water at night." I am here to tell you that that is not enough.

Many foundations contain products such as syllicone that are amazing for product wear time, however, it takes much more than a little soap and water to break down your foundation enough to wash off properly.

When you are washing your face at night, you should always start by breaking down your foundation with an oil cleanser. Let me make it very clear that by oil cleanser I DO NOT mean slopping vegetable oil all over your face. I am obsessed with L'Occitane Almond Apple Cleansing Oil. It smells like a green apple... what more can you ask for? I start by squirting a pump or two in my hand and just massaging it into my face to break down all of the makeup. I follow up with with Arbonne's NutriMinC Enzyme peel which I use as my moisturizer at night. You leave it on and wash it off in the morning and in the morning your skin feels like a dream!! It has pineapple extract in it so it smells great and feels like a dream on your skin. It removes all of the dead skin cells and basically gives you a new skin. Do you die? I do.

In the morning I wash my face to remove the enzyme peel. I then apply Arbonne's RE9 eye cream and facial moisturizer. (You will die for the eye cream. It feels like silk and you will probably want to bathe in it. I wouldn't reccomend this, simply because it would be very expensive.)

Obviously my routine isn't right for everyone. I just wanted to give you guys a little example of a few of the appropriate steps you should be taking. Everyone is different so you really have to find what works for you. You need to try different products until you figure out what works for your skin type. Just be sure to not change your products too often, or that could irritate your skin as well.

Also keep in mind that your skin changes with the weather. In the Summer, you will most likely use different skin care products than you use in the Winter. When my skin gets a little dry I swear by Fresh's Sugar Face Scrub and L'Occitane's Face Scrub Mud. Both of these products exfoliate, but they are gentle enough to use on any type of skin even if you are SUPER sensitive like me.

Oh, and please never forget sunscreen. Most products such as foundations and moisturizers actually include them in their formulas now, but always check just to be sure!

And never skip out on water. Hydration is the key to having amazing skin!

xoxox,
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las vegas Style Sirens
www.LVStyleSirens.com
LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment