Friday, July 31, 2009

...A few of my favorite things...

I have been getting a large amount of requests for us to "blog" (I still loathe that word) about how to create an amazing skin care routine, however, I have decided that I am going to leave that up to Lauren considering she is the alpha and omega of skincare. She's been out of town, but she should be back to "blogging" with in the next few days.

I often get asked about what my favorite products are so I'm going to go through and tell you about a few of my favorite things.

1) Arbonne's complete RE9 collection, They have an amazing eye cream (with a skin lightener in it so it actually helps reduce those nasty under eye circles that we all HATE!), daily lotion, cleanser, and (my personal favorite) a pineapple enzyme peel that you wear over night. I swear by this stuff. You wake up, and overnight you have shed all of that nasty skin and dead cells (like a snake!) and you have a fresh new face.

2) Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. This little piece of heaven works unbelievable wonders. Ok Ok Ok... so it looks like you slapped tar on your face, however once you see how squeaky clean this leaves your pores, you won't mind in the least.

3) MAC creme sheen lipsticks. AGHH! I love these. They have an amazing color payoff, they feel like silk on your lips, and they have a tiny gloss finish so all you need to do is swipe one on and you are good to go. I seriously own every single color. (I actually have duplicates of some of them!) Some of my favorites are Ravishing, (a beautiful peach color with Creme Sherry lip liner) Modesty, (a perfect day to day natural color for any skin tone. I love to use MACs Cream O Spice lip liner with it.) Brave Red (A true red) Speak Louder (A darker rose pink paired with Pink Treat lip liner) and Dare You (A dark crimson red) AGHHH! I love them all, but those are just a few. Please invest in one. You will be obsessed. I promise.

4) Arbonne's Revelage Concentrated Age Spot Minimizer. I could bathe in this daily. It feels incredible on your skin. I was very skeptical about Arbonne products considering I am not the biggest fan of Mary Kay and Avon which are sold through distributors like Arbonne is. However, once I tried this stuff, I was HOOKED! This silky lotion totally eliminated 75% of the freckles on my face. It is just amazing. I can not say enough good things about it.

5) Clinique's Full Potential lips Plump and Shine Lip gloss. Every time I use this, I get commented on how full my lips look. I have no idea what is in it, or what makes it work (it has ZERO sting or tingly feeling) but it works. And it comes in beautiful shades. I am a huge fan of the colors Extra Apricot and Glamour-Full.

6) MAC's Fluid line gel eyeliner. I would die without this stuff. It is a water resistant gel eyeliner and comes in a cute little pot. Many people are a little frightened by it because you have to use a brush to apply it, however, it is SOOO easy. Don't be scared! I like to use MAC's #209 (a small pointed brush) and Lauren likes to use MAC's #266 (a small angled brush.) Either one is fine, it is all about preference. I actually think this is much easier to use than a liquid liner because there is more room for error. It glides right on and sets within a matter of seconds. AND it is water resistant so it isn't running down your face half way through the day. (we all know how sexy that is.) I like Blacktrack (a jet black) but it comes in every shade you can imagine from dark brown to bright purple.

7) As far as eyeshadow goes, MAC can do no wrong in my eyes. I have tried everything from Smashbox, to Cover Girl, to Benefit, to Chanel, to Bobbi Brown. I have tried them all, and NO ONE does it like MAC. They have SOOOO many colors and they glide on effortlessly. Everyone has different color preferences, however a few of my favorite daily shadows (all MAC) are Brule, Expensive Pink, Tete-a-tint, Soba, Honesty, Vanilla (the shadow AND the pigment) Dovefeather, Era, and Blackberry. I could go on forever, but those are a few shadows I wear on a day to day basis. (Not at the same time, obviously :)

8) Maybelline Has done it again! Forget Great Lash, it is ALL about Lash Stiletto mascara. This mascara has the perfect brush, it doesn't clump, run, and it is jet black which I love. Plus the packaging alone is enough to make you want to buy it. Its red and black and it is shaped like an actual stiletto. Who actually thought putting on mascara could make you feel sexy?

9)Be Maui Brown!!!!!! I can not even describe how wonderful this all natural tanning oil and skin conditioner is. It has 1,000 uses. You can use it in your hair and on your skin. It is 100% natural with a natural SPF in it as well. It smells absolutely wonderful and it is great for women and men. All I can say it try it. You will be totally hooked. It is not sold in stores, in fact, it is distributed here in Las Vegas by a spa owner and friend of ours. If you're interested in trying it, email us at LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com or you can pick one up at one of the 2 Maui Salon and Spa locations here in town. (http://www.mauisalonandspas.com/)

Like I said before, these are just A FEW of my faves. I could "blog":for hours, however I'm going to let you experiment with these few products. I will be sure to keep you posted when I find more amazing things!

Also, if you are interested in Arbonne, I sell the complete line so just email us if you are interested at LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com (I can also get samples of certain things.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful week and I will see you all tomorrow! TGIF!

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens

1 comment:

  1. Your "Blog" looks great! Some fun new products I will have to try! Of course we all love MAC though! I think I need to try that age spot minimizer stuff for a few of my freckles and uneven skin tone areas. :)

    ReplyDelete