Friday, September 4, 2009

15 minutes of fame

Yes. You heard me correctly. We had our 15 minutes of fame yesterday.

OK OK OK. It was not really 15 minutes, more like 15 seconds of fame. We were on the 6am Channel 3 news promoting Superstar Karaoke at Aliante Station. It was so fun. We showed Las Vegas how the Las Vegas Style Sirens roll when it comes to karaoke. We went through the whole process... the makeup, hair, and costumes... and the adorable little anchor women, Colette was such a sport through it all. :)

I can not believe what slackers we have been on the whole noveling scene. It is seriously pathetic, I know. But we are hard working women... what can I say?

We have some amazing projects coming through. ESPECIALLY because Halloween is coming up really quickly! We have some great ideas in store and we can't wait to put them to work. We will be sure to post pictures soon!

I have received several requests to explain how to apply false lashes correctly. So here we go...

1) Pick an amazing brand of lashes. (I preferrer lashes that are human hair with a thin band on them.) Lashes that you buy at Walgreens and places like that are so hard to work with! The better lashes you buy, the easier they will be to apply. You might have to fork out a few extra bucks, but suck it up and do it. Don't be a cheap-o. If you buy a good pair of lashes, you can wear them several times (If you take proper care of them)

2) Measure them. Everyone has different eye shapes, so obviously if you buy a pair of lashes, they probably are not going to fit you properly right after the box. Place the lash on top of you lash starting where your lashes begin and pinch them onto your lashes until your own lashes end. Then gently pinch the end and take it off of your lashes, trimming the excess lash. (Always cut from the outer corner of the lash.)

3) Apply 1-2 coats of a good black mascara to your natural lashes (I am obsessed with Lash Stiletto by Maybeline.) Do not put mascara on the false lashes.

4) Using a latex based glue (I like DUO in black. You can find this at Walgreens) place a thin layer of glue on the clear lash band and let it dry for about 10 seconds.

5) Get close to that mirror ladies (or gentlemen if you prefer) tilt your head up so that you can get a good view of the top of your lashes. Gently pinch the false lashes onto the top of your own lashes (They should be glued to the root of your own lashes, not on the skin of your upper eye)

6) Give them about 5 minutes to dry. Gently pull apart any lashes that may have been glued together in the process. Top it off with a little black liner to hid the seam of the lashes and you are ready to go! (I love MACs fluidline in BlackTrack)

7) Although the lashes can be reused, do not get them wet or sleep in them. Gently tug them off at the end of the day, and store them in a safe place. When you want to reuse them, simply tug off the dried latex based glue, and do steps 3-6 again. The more times you wear a pair of lashes, the easier it will be to reapply them because they will learn to form the shape of your eye. :) I wear the same pair of lashes about 10 times each.

It is actually super easy, but it will take some practice. Don't be lazy and give up. Lashes make all the difference so now that I have given you instructions, I seriously don't want to heard any lame-ass excuses.

I'm back in school super full time, but I will try my hardest to blog at least every other day. (But if I don't get around to it, please don't flood my email with hate mail or I will hate you.)

And if you have any beauty questions that you would like me to blog about, please email them to me! I love hearing from you all!

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens
LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com

PS I'm going to try to join the Roller Derby this year. Start praying for me now because I am certainly going to need all the help I can get.

PSS OH!!! Please go visit my new favorite website www.Mylifeisaverage.com This way, if I ever say "MLIA" you will understand what I am referring to. Plus, the website is pure comedy.

2 comments:

  1. I was prepared to start the hate mail. So, you're lucky. But, if you have time for roller derby and My Life is Average... you have time to novel. I'm just saying. I can't help being a little bitter. Your novel is an evil temptress that i check 3-4 times a day and I can't handle the emotional roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the roller derby. For some inspiration, check out this video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/5312 -- about the "aha moment" of a young woman who credits roller derby with saving her soul.

    Good luck,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete