Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF

Excited

That is the only word that comes to mind right now. I just saw the final rough draft of our new website and I am so excited. It is amazing. There are just a few minor things that need to be updated and then it will be going LIVE! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! Once again, a million thanks to Jessie and Heather at www.PoshWebDesign.com for making all of our dreams come true and for being patient with us. We are very, very picky, I know.

Moving on... I have to tell you a ridiculously funny story about a texting conversation I had with an anonymous person.

It started off by her and I talking about how her father forgot her birthday for the 2nd year in a row. (What a lame-o huh?) She proceeds to tell me about how he needs to get her an amazing gift to redeem himself from this situation, but unfortunately he is the worlds WORST gift-giver. (FYI diamonds and pearls are always an amazing place to start fellows...) Apparently he always gives gift cards to places like Home Depot and Best Buy for his daughter's birthdays. Kill me. I am laughing about the thought of how awkward this must be and telling her I am super sorry. (Wait! It gets better.) Then our conversation turned to this...

Friend: Well, that's not that bad. Lou (her husband) got me a clip on lamp and smooth away for my birthday. I wanted to hit him.

Ally: That is so funny. Is that what you asked for?

Friend: Ummm... Not hardly.

Ally: Wow. That's hilarious. Did you ask him what inspired him to purchase that for you?

Friend: I told him the other day that I wanted a PedEgg but he got it confused with Smooth Away. And the lamp is because I keep him awake when I am reading at night. Not ok at all. I also explained to him that just because I want a PedEgg does not mean I want it for my birthday.

Ally: I'm blogging about this later. This is to hilarious to pass up.

Friend: Well Lou says that birthdays are for practical gifts and Christmas is for big gifts. I disagree but if that is how he feels, I will give him a practical birthday gift this year like some paint for the outside of the house.

Ally: *thinks to herself* This is too good to be true. My blogging topic fell right into my lap through a simple texting conversation.

Friend: Oh, and I forgot to tell you that he also included a gallon of windshield cleaner to fill up my car.

The End

I'm seriously still laughing about that conversation. I hope it made your day as much as it did mine.

Anyway, we have had an amazing week. Superstar Karaoke, Girls Night Out event, body painting and preparations for all of our Halloween events... super busy, but amazing. I hope you have all had a wonderful week as well. TGIF! Enjoy your weekend my little beauties.

I will see you all tomorrow! (That means I will be blogging tomorrow.)

Oh and could you all start harassing Lauren so that she will start blogging again? (I would post her phone number, but I'm certain she would kill me. just email her instead at LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com This is a great way to harass her because the emails go strait to her cell phone :D) You should ask her to novel about her Brazilian bikini wax experience. ;) ahahaha

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens
LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment