Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lauren's long lost "Blog"

Blog sweet blog how I've missed you! It's been to long.

As you all know I celebrated 3 years of wedded bliss with my husband this past weekend and it was amazing. If you're a local in Vegas you must take a little drive up to the Spring Mountains and Lee Canyon. It is 30 degrees cooler up there and oh soooo beautiful. Also please check out my new favorite watering hole the Yard House. They have over 200 beers on tap! Try a delicious pub ale called Old Speckled Hen ( I know...stupid name, but so dang good). It's a dream!!

Alright down to business. I'd like to talk about some of my favorite things.

1. Ally has noted in previous posts that I am the skin care queen so lets start with my most favorite item of all time...Arbonne's NutriminC Enzyme Peel. Why have they not made this in bathtub size so that I can just bathe in it? It boggles the mind. This is a delicious combination of pineapple and papaya enzymes that literally melts off the dead skin while you sleep! You will wake up with practically a brand new face. It is that amazing! So now that we've talked about this product twice you should go buy it immediately.

2. L'Occitane's Shea Butter collection. Anything from this collection is to die for. If you don't know anything about this company you need to google them right now. They are fantastic. They have very specific practices for harvesting their shea butter and on top of that they put huge amounts of it in the products which is awesome for your skin. I carry a hand cream from them in every bag that I own.

3. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with pomegranate oil. This is the one with the red cap. I love this stuff! First of all it doesn't have spf in it. I know that this goes against conventional wisdom, but I can not stand spf on my lips. It tastes disgusting, it smells and it dries my lips out which defeats the whole purpose. Yeah Burt's Bees!

4. OPI's Rapid Dry Spray and Avoplex nail and cuticle oil. Rapid Dry spray is necessary for anytime you paint your nails. This will speed up dry time plus it smells delicious..like Dr. Pepper. Avoplex oil is equally amazing but this is for your cuticles. ( It also smells delicious. Like what I don't know.) It has done wonders for my cuticles. Put this on after soaking your fingers in warm water and then use your cuticle clipper to clean up that area of the nail. Use on a daily basis to keep your cuticles healthy and moisturized!

5. Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum. Put this product in your hair when it's wet. It helps speed up dry time and gives your hair shine. However your hair can never be to shiny so please don't skimp on the gloss drops or gloss spray after your hair is styled. We all love shimmery, shiny hair!

Now that I've graced you with some of my secret beauty weapons I will leave you to marinate on how you can incorporate some of these things into your routine. One last note I would like to include is this.....If you are going to watch reality television (and waste your time I might add) please make sure you program your Tivo to record the Rachel Zoe Project which begins August 24th. This is the one reality show that I can fully support. Go Team Zoe!!

Have a beautiful day!

Lauren Gardiner
COO
The Las Vegas Style Sirens
lvstylesirens@yahoo.com

1 comment: