Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Reality TV Rundown.

So tonight I was watching the second episode (yes, I have already seen the first) of a new show entitled "More To Love." It is a reality show where plus size women compete for the love of a plus size guy. So basically, it is a plus size bachelorette.

(If any of you know me, I am a sucker for reality TV. Especially bad, trashy and ridiculous reality TV.)

Anyway, I am watching More To Love and even I,the queen bee of reality TV, cannot stand to sit through another moment of this. (This coming from someone who watched the ENTIRE seasons of Rock of Love, Daisy of Love, The Bachelorette, and many more that I am far to embarrassed to speak of.) This show is the most boring reality show I have ever seen! All it is, is plus size women crying about how bad it was growing up fat (while their weight is plastered across the screen. No joke. So humiliating!) and confessing their love to this super boring bachelor.who is MONOTONE! Ugh I can't stand that.) They literally just met this guy like 2 days ago. As I sit there grinding my teeth, they are all going on and on about how he is everything they hoped and dreamed for and how they want to be his wife. Barf. I made it through 8 minutes of episode two. That was plenty. I mean, at least in The Bachelorette, they wait a few episodes to transform into a creepy stalker. Ugh. Ugh. UGH. I do not recommend watching this show. Seriously.

On our way to the mall today, Lauren and I were having a conversation about how we wish we were skinny. (Lauren made a point in telling me that sometimes, she prays to be skinny following up with "God works all kinds of miracles. Why can't he make me skinny overnight?" This is why I love her. I mean, it is a valid point...right?) I guess we can't blame anyone but ourselves that we're not skinny. We love to eat and we cannot stick to a gym regiment for more than a month at a time. I like to blame my weight gain on my son by saying "Oh, I just had a baby!" Truth is, he's 10 months old now, and I had the nickname "Muffin" LONG before he was even a thought in my mind. I'm running out of excuses. (To my defense, it is much harder to lose weight after you have a baby. I'm hoping when school starts again, I'll spend more time studying and less time eating Cheetos while watching reality TV.) Instead of complaining about it, we have just decided to embrace the fact that we are "big boned" (sounds much better than plus size, don't you think?) until we get the motivation to become super skinny bitches. I love being a size eight. Ok ten. Ok Ok Ok twelve. Are you happy?

*Note to self: Go to gym tomorrow.

Back to my reality show rundown. If you secretly love trashy reality TV as much as I do, then you have come to the right place. If you haven't been watching or don't have Tivo (the greatest invention of all time) I'm going to give you a little recap of what as been going down on some of my favorite shows. (I needed a break from makeup "blogging.")

Daisy Of Love

This was a sweet little show about Miss Daisy De La Hoya (yes, this is the niece of Oscar De La Hoya) trying to find love after Brett Michaels left her in the dust on Rock of Love. What a disaster this turned out to be. I swear, with some reality shows, they find to most beastly, vulgar, temper driven boys (not men) that they can, and stick them into a house together just to see what happens. This is one of those shows and I love it! You just had to watch this show to realize how ridiculous it actually was, and in last weeks season finale, she chose London. A 30-something year old, homeless, jobless dude in a "band" (Oh my gosh! He's in a band! How cool! How sexy! *Ally rolls her eyes*) who had actually left the show then came back after he got home to New York and realized he had no home. And no job. And his band was going absolutely no where. I think he realized it was a much better life back in Daisy's multi-million dollar mansion where he had somewhere to sleep and unlimited free food and booze. I'm sure a little TV time didn't hurt his "band" either. My favorite clip of London was the first night that he was in Daisy's house and he got ridiculously wasted, threw up EVERYWHERE and passed out in an empty closet. Man Daisy, you can sure pick them! I actually feel sorry for her that she has such poor taste in men. She seems to actually have some-what of a good heart. Maybe next time (and trust me, there will be a next time) it will be Daisy of Love except I will go on the show instead of Daisy and I will weed through all the losers on there to help her find true love. If you're reading this Daisy, call me.

Paris Hiltons My new BFF

Miss Paris Hilton, when you eliminated Steven out of the final 3 last week, I swore I would not watch the season finale. Instead I planned on hitch hiking up to Utah, knocking on every door until I found Steven's house, and beg him to be MY new BFF. However, curiosity killed the cat and I just had to watch it tonight. Lucky for Paris, unlucky for me, instead of picking either Stephanie or Tenicia (who were the final two) she changed her mind last minute and picked Steven. I have renewed faith in you Paris. Thank you.

NYC Prep

Sebastian: You're an idiot.

PC: You're and idiot.

Jessie: You're a snotty idiot.

Camille: You're an idiot.

Kelli: You're an idiot.

Taylor: You're the only one I like.

That is all I can say about this show. I'm ashamed to say I still support it by watching it every Tuesday night.

Real Chance of Love

One episode down, 16 hot-mess, trashy girls to go. I can already tell these boys are going to find their soul mates in this bunch of strippers and drunks. Especially since the first episode (which aired last night) 2 girls got eliminated before the elimination ceremony due to physical violence (one of them was from Vegas! Yay! Making us all SO proud. Way to represent!) I'll keep you posted on this one. I have a feeling it is going to be a lonnng journey for these "Stallionaires." (Yes. That is seriously what they call themselves.)

Anyway, thats just a few of my secret addictions. I'll keep you as updated as I can.

Everyday I can't help but think "If all of these morons get their own reality TV shows, why can't I get one too?" At least mine would have a stitch of class. If you're reading this VH1, MTV, BET... CALL ME!

I'm off to watch the rest of More To Love. Just kidding!

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens

PS Lauren is probably going to be furious that I wasted my time "blogging" about this, so I'm going to throw her a bone and add in a little makeup tip. :) ALWAYS use a cream base underneath your eyeshadow. This will help last longer, blend better, and intensify the color. I love MACs Paint Pots (I usually use Indianwood, Painterly, or Soft Ochre depending on the skin tone) OR Macs Cream Color Base in Pearl or Nude. (I use them both with any skin color.) WARNING: If you use to much Cream Color Base, you will get creasing on your eyelid which is never a good thing so please, use it sparingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment