Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Stuff

You're probably wondering where I have been and the truth is, I have been busy. My deepest apologies. I will never let this happen again.

Makeup mooch. I'm sure you are wondering what that is, right? A makeup mooch is a girl or woman who goes to makeup counters before she is going out that night pretending that she is interested in buying new makeup, has the makeup artists do her makeup for FREE, then does not buy any product. I can not even begin to tell you how annoying this is. I used to work for a cosmetic line and nothing would irritate me more than women who did this. Of course I loved doing makeup, but seriously, we still had sales goals to make and if you are tying someone up then they can not help customers who really do want to buy things. This is cheap and tacky so don't do it. Not to mention it puts little freelance artists like myself who have worked hard to build a name for themselves, out of work. If you need your makeup done when you are going out 1) Either buy makeup from the cute little girls at the makeup counter (and I don't mean just a freaking lip gloss. I mean at LEAST $50.00 in product) or 2) Hire a professional freelance artist to do it for you.

I just had to get that off of my chest even though I no longer work at a cosmetic counter. They were talking about it on 94.1 this morning and all the dumb asses that were calling in saying they did this, made my blood boil. I hate makeup mooches.

Moving on...

So many great things are in the works for the Las Vegas Style Sirens right now. I can not wait to see what the future holds!

Lets start out with Superstar Karaoke at Aliante Station. This amazing karaoke event is every Thursday night at Aliante Station in the Access showroom from 6:30 to 11. You get to chose costumes from their gigantic costume collection (I dressed up as Flavor Flav last week... NOTE: Shauna, that picture better NEVER surface...) have your hair and makeup done by the LV Style Sirens, and you can take home a DVD of it (You don't have to if this is an event that you do not want to remember. It is just an option.) If that isn't fun, I seriously don't know what is. There's plenty of alcohol there if you need a little liquid courage. Even if you don't want to sing, come watch everyone else act like idiots. That's always fun too.

Second, the LV Style Sirens will be doing the makeup for "Coffee With Ricky" which is a web show hosted by Ricky Gulati. If you don't know who Ricky Gulati is, he is the owner of Memory Lane Video LLC here in Las Vegas. When it comes to videography, he is the creme de la creme. His videos are absolutely amazing. His style is so unique and no one can even come close to it. (Check him out at www.MLVNV.com) Anyway, Coffee With Ricky is a web show where he interviews very prominent wedding professionals in Las Vegas to spread the word about the do's and don'ts of weddings. They offer advice about their profession, and give in site to weddings in Vegas. Needless to say, if they are featured on Ricky's show, they are legitimate. This will help you sort through all the fake and scummy professionals out here.

We will also be at Santa Fe Stations Bridal Show this Sunday, August 23rd 2009, from 1 to 4 at Santa Fe Station. There will be several wedding vendors here so you can come check out the property and meet different wedding professionals. They will have music, food, and most importantly, drinks. It should be easy going and fun, so come check it out!

On 9/9/09 the ETA lounge at Aliante will be hosting a kick ass party and the LV Style Sirens will be doing the hair and makeup for the dancers. We have all got together and we have some AMAZING designs in the works and I can not wait to put our visions on these beautiful ladies. It will be very nontraditional hair and makeup... think creepy zombie dolls!!! I live for things like this. I will keep you posted about this event since I don't have many details at this time.

And... Thursday September 17th, 2009, we will be participating in a charity event for the Children of Nevada's Heart Association. It will be a small event for brides to come out and meet with some wedding professionals in Las Vegas and all of the proceeds from the even will go to the charity. I don't know all of the details quite yet, but as soon as I do, I will let you all know!

So between all these amazing projects, weddings, photo shoots, and trials, we are busy little girls! I can not wait to see what else the future holds for us! Now that we are working with some amazing venues, and Memory Lane Video, I guess all that is left is working with AltF photography on a regular basis. (If you don't know who AltF is, please check them out. Incredible. www.AltF.com) John Michael or Dalisa, if you ever happen to read this, we're not going to leave you alone until you work with us on a regular basis. And please don't press charges, we really aren't stalkers,, we just love your photography.

xoxox
Allyson Stagg
CEO of The Las Vegas Style Sirens
LVStyleSirens@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment